You may come across a situation where you want to add a new member to your Rainmaker site with complimentary access to your protected content. You can create a free product for people to sign up to, however you may not want the link to be shared around.
In this tutorial I am going to show you how to create a new member in your Rainmaker website and add complimentary access to the member only content on your site.
Video Instructions – click play below
To add a new member to our site, we will firstly need to create the new member profile. Once the profile is set up, we can assign a member group to the profile by adding a complimentary product.
Follow the text instructions below.
1. To create a new member, hover over the ‘Manage’ link in the blue member bar and select ‘Members’. This will take you to an area where you can view the list of your members. Click the new ‘+ Add New’ button.
2. In the member creation screen, add the required fields of the ‘Username’ and ‘Email Address’. You do not need to add a first and last name, but if you are adding personalization to emails and content, you will want to add something to both fields.
Add a more memorable password if you do not want to use the gobbeldy gooky one that is provided.
3. So that the member has access to member protected content, you need to add the ‘Site Role’ of ‘Site Member’. Click ‘Add New Member’ to save the profile.
4. Next, we need to add a product to the new profile. Go back to ‘Manage’ –> ‘Members’ and locate the new profile. Hover over the username of the profile and click ‘Complimentary Products’. This will open a new page where you can assign a product.
5. In the new order screen, add the product name to the ‘Change Product’ field and save the order.
And that is it!